Sunday, October 27, 2013

My new Sunday routine.

Since I seem to have less and less time on the weekdays- I'm now making it my new Sunday tradition to buy and prep my food for the week. I spent $122 on ALL healthy food and then spent the last hour prepping everything for the week. I have the following in my fridge right now: 4 to-go containers with baked chicken and brown rice with veggies, 8 baggies of baby carrots, 7 baggies of broccoli, 10 baggies of seedless grapes, 6 mini containers of hummus, and 10 banana halves in baggies in the freezer for my protein shakes. It only took me an hour to get everything ready for the whole week! No more excuses for not having the time, because I just proved it barely takes any time at all.

For those of you that aren't fatties, you probably won't understand this. There was a moment in the grocery store where I had to stop and smile. At the checkout counter, there was this overwhelming feeling of pride. In the past, I think I always felt a little bit of shame when I paid for food I shouldn't be buying. There was a little voice in my head that thought the checkout person was judging my purchases. That feeling completely went away. Not one item in my cart was unhealthy. Not one. And you know what? It feels good.

I'm gonna make this week my bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment