Friday, October 25, 2013

Can't stop me now!

So, it's officially been 8 days since I started my diet bet. I'm down 7 pounds. That's nearly a pound a day. I did not think it would be dropping that fast. The funny part is, I've been working out for over a month and a half now. The weight is only coming off because I finally changed the diet. I've heard that weight loss is 70% what you eat and 30% working out, and that seems to be pretty accurate. I'm loving this getting up early, getting my work out in, and off to work with my packed lunches (and sometimes dinner for the long days). I can honestly say my confidence is through the roof right now. It feels so good to finally take control of my life.

I should also add that my goal is shifting a bit from just training for a half marathon to a different end game. I've been following a lot of different fitness sites, videos, and Instagrams with super in shape chicks. All of them are fitness models, of course, but their bodies are ridiculous. The biggest difference is they are lifting instead of just doing cardio. While I do still want to keep up with the running, I've decided to put a little more effort into the lifting part. Doing the personal training sessions is a good start. I'm logging everything we do so I can do it on my own when my sessions run out.

I mean, look at this chick.

Is that not the most motivating picture you've ever seen?! Her workouts are crazy, but clearly they work. Honestly, my goal has changed to just being an all around badass. I mean, why not? I don't care if it takes me a few years (which it will), I'm going for it.

Was my diet this week perfect? No, but it was a billion times better than last week, and definitely the week before that. I'm just taking tiny steps at a time, and I'll get there eventually.

Now, on to my beauty rest so I can get up and do this all over again tomorrow : )

No comments:

Post a Comment