Friday, February 21, 2014

Day One (Part 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)

Ok- finally, no more excuses. Groceries have been purchased, a plan has been written down, and I'm ready to do this. I'm attempting a new plan- one in which I eat to live not eat to enjoy. Don't worry- I'm letting myself have a cheat day. But, a good friend told me that it's not a bad thing to add the word "don't" into my vocabulary. "I don't go out to eat during the week." "I don't drink soda or sugary coffee." Well, I definitely don't want to be unhealthy anymore. So, Day One breakfast, here goes.

Egg Whites
Turkey breast
Cayenne pepper
Salsa

That's it. It was quite good, actually. I also made a deal with myself to only use the small side plates to help with portions.

I'll be doing food prep for the week today and tomorrow to make sure I have no reason to not eat the right stuff. I start work on Monday-back in production life. Where free food is rampant, but typically few healthy options around. I'm using the next four months here in Hawaii as a test for myself. If I can maintain healthy eating while doing 12 plus hour days, I can do it anytime.

I'm excited again. I forgot how great it feels to just take steps in the right direction. Now, on with enjoying this beautiful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment