Saturday, November 9, 2013

Highs and Lows

Happy Saturday, all! You know, I'm aware that this blogging thing is mostly just for me, but it's a nice way to get out my thoughts throughout this process. I made an observation this past week. Everything about this journey to get healthy is dependent on your mentality. Last weekend, I had so much grading and work to do, that I just shut down. I didn't care what I ate, didn't work out, and I saw the results of that on the scale. I gained back 2 pounds by Monday. In the past, my reaction would have been, "Eff it", and I would have given up. For some reason, I pulled the will to go to the gym from some unknown place inside me. I just got up, put my work out clothes on and decided to restart Week 6 of my 5K training over again. I got back on board with my healthy eating and working out all week, and I lost that 2 pounds, plus an additional 2 more. Hard to believe that in a month, I've lost 12 pounds. I can't say it was easy, believe me, it wasn't. It still isn't. But I'm now aware of the fact that weekends are the hardest for me.

That being said, yesterday morning, I finally finished Week 6 of my Couch to 5K training, and it feels amazing. I don't even care that it took me three tries to get it right, I did it. I have so much to look forward to, hitting these mini-milestones just makes it that much better. I'm heading to the gym now for leg day (WOOHOO!) and tomorrow, I will be starting Week 7 of my 5K training. There are only 2 weeks left, before moving on to the 5K to 10K training. That. Is. Crazy.

The most insane part is realizing that I've now been working out regularly for two whole months. I don't think I've ever done that in my whole life. The new Nikki is a girl who works out. Take that, old Nikki.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! You have every reason to be proud. LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete